Welcome to the BDT Solution
The Barge Digital Transformation (BDT) Solution is as an administrative utility for the U.S. Agri Industry.
It enables users to house, develop and distribute the documentation associated with Agricultural Commodity Barge Trades.
The BDT Solution originates from an initiative led by the National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA), which selected essDOCS to power a solution digitizing the approximately 100,000 negotiable Barge Bills of Lading that NGFA members process annually.
The Solution was developed in close collaboration with the NGFA-led digital trade body, National Grain and Feed Digital Solutions (NGFDS), and went live / operational on 02 November 2020.
- Create Barge and Apply Out
- Accept/Reject Application
- Propose Destination
- Request Lading
- Reconsign Barge
- Bust Barge
- Upload Grade and Weight Certificates
- Request, Issue, Endorse/Transfer, Return, negotiable Bill of Lading (BoL)
- Request Void
- Upload Reconsignment and BoL Correction Documents
- Counterparties String Visibility
- Date and Timestamp of Application as well as BoL Transfer
Users are charged $5 per transaction. A transaction is defined as when the Bill of Lading is transferred. This is set up to mimic the FedEx cost that users incur in trade today.
Note: Transaction fees apply to Shippers & Traders; Carriers use the solution free of charge.
BDT Customer Network
See below for a growing list of Companies currently signed up to the BDT Solution:
Shippers & Traders
- Agrex Inc.
- AGRIServices of Brunswick LLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Avere Commodities Corp.
- Bunge North America, Inc.
- Cargill, Inc.
- Central States Enterprises, LLC
- CHS Inc.
- COFCO International Grains US LLC
- COFCO Growmark LLC
- Consolidated Grain and Barge Co.
- Farmers Grain Terminal, Inc.
- Flint Hills Resources
- Gavilon Global Ag Holdings, LLC
- Hawkeye Gold LLC
- Heartland Co-op
- Heritage Cooperative
- Hopkinsville Elevator Company
- J.D. Heiskell & Company, Inc.
- Kruse Western LLC
- Louis Dreyfus Company
- Oakley Grain, Inc.
- Obion Grain Co. Inc.
- Olam Americas, Inc.
- Owensboro Grain Co.
- Perdue AgriBusiness Grain LLC
- Poinsett Rice and Grain Inc.
- Prairie Creek Grain Company, Inc.
- The Andersons Inc.
- Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
- Ursa Farmers Cooperative Company
- Western Milling LLC
- Woodall Grain Company
- Zen-Noh Grain Corporation
- Cargo Carriers, a business of Cargill, Inc.
- Ceres Consulting LLC
- American River Transportation Company
- Ingram Barge Company LLC
- SCF Marine Inc.
- American Commercial Barge Line LLC (ACBL)
- Oakley Barge Line
- ROI Logistics & Marine Services LLC
- RTI Barge Management, Inc
- LMR Freight, LLC
- Heartland Barge Management LLC
- Campbell Transportation, Inc.
- Eastside River Transportation