Welcome to the BDT Solution
The Barge Digital Transformation (BDT) Solution is as an administrative utility for the U.S. Agri Industry.
It enables users to house, develop and distribute the documentation associated with Agricultural Commodity Barge Trades.
The BDT Solution originates from an initiative led by the National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA), which selected ICE Digital Trade (formerly essDOCS) to power a solution digitizing the approximately 100,000 negotiable Barge Bills of Lading that NGFA members process annually.
The Solution was developed in close collaboration with the NGFA-led digital trade body, National Grain and Feed Digital Solutions (NGFDS), and went live / operational on 02 November 2020.
- Create Barge and Apply Out
- Accept/Reject Application
- Propose Destination
- Request Lading
- Reconsign Barge
- Bust Barge
- Upload Grade and Weight Certificates
- Request, Issue, Endorse/Transfer, Return, negotiable Bill of Lading (BoL)
- Request Void
- Upload Reconsignment and BoL Correction Documents
- Counterparties String Visibility
- Date and Timestamp of Application as well as BoL Transfer
Users are charged $10 per transaction. A transaction is defined as when the Bill of Lading is transferred. This is set up to mimic the FedEx cost that users incur in trade today.
Note: Transaction fees apply to Shippers & Traders; Carriers use the solution free of charge.
BDT Customer Network
See below for a growing list of Companies currently signed up to the BDT Solution:
Shippers & Traders
- Agrex Inc.
- AGRIServices of Brunswick LLC
- Alabama Farmers Cooperative, Inc.
- Alto Nutrients, LLC
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Avere Commodities Corp.
- Benson Hill Inc.
- Bunge North America, Inc.
- Cargill, Inc.
- Central Missouri AGRIServices, LLC
- CHS Inc.
- COFCO Growmark LLC
- COFCO International Grains US LLC
- Consolidated Grain and Barge Co.
- ETG Trading Inc.
- Farmers Grain Terminal, Inc.
- Greenfield Commodities, LLC
- Hawkeye Gold LLC
- Heartland Co-op
- Heritage Cooperative
- Hopkinsville Elevator Company
- J.D. Heiskell & Company, Inc.
- Leland Farmers Company
- Livestock Nutrition Center
- Louis Dreyfus Company
- Marquis Trading LLC
- Oakley Grain, Inc.
- Obion Grain Co. Inc.
- Olam Global Agri Americas, LLC
- Owensboro Grain Co.
- Perdue AgriBusiness Grain LLC
- Poinsett Rice and Grain Inc.
- Prairie Creek Grain Company, Inc.
- Red Wing Grain LLC
- StoneX Commodity Solutions LLC
- The Andersons Inc.
- The Scoular Company
- Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
- Tyson Shared Services, Inc.
- Ursa Farmers Cooperative Company
- Valley Park Elevator, Inc.
- Viserion Grain LLC
- Viterra USA Ag Holdings, LLC
- Viterra USA LLC
- Western Milling LLC
- Woodall Grain Company
- Zen-Noh Grain Corporation
- American Commercial Barge Line LLC (ACBL)
- American River Transportation Company
- Campbell Transportation, Inc.
- Cargo Carriers, a business of Cargill, Inc.
- Ceres Consulting LLC
- Cooper Marine & Timberlands
- Eastside River Transportation
- Heartland Barge Management LLC
- Ingram Barge Company LLC
- LMR Freight, LLC
- Oakley Barge Line
- Parker Towing Company, Inc.
- Robert B. Miller and Associates, Inc.
- ROI Logistics & Marine Services LLC
- RTI Barge Management, Inc
- SCF Marine Inc.