We will be releasing our latest version of CargoDocs on 04 July 2018.
For our latest release – CargoDocs 18.3 – we have upgraded our technology to provide users with significantly improved system stability & reliability, including key upgrades to our database engine, deployment architecture, security and product build methodology.
Note: On the day of the upgrade, users may experience system downtime of up to 3 hours starting at approx 17:00 UTC to enable deployment of the required upgrade. We highly recommend all documents be processed outside these times.
If you experience any issues post-release, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will ensure that your request is handled and resolved in a timely manner.
Below is an overview of the updates we will release into CargoDocs 18.3.
- New Operating System: switching from Windows to Linux for machines running our CargoDocs services
- MySQL-compatible DB Engine: switching from previous MS SQL Server to AWS Aurora; includes migration of all CargoDocs data from one DB type to another
- Improved Deployment of Config: by implementing brand new Puppet code
- Improved Product-build Methodology: by implementing a centralized & automated build system
- Upgraded Network Deployment Architecture: providing fully-isolated environments, with independently-isolated supporting services
- Enhanced Security Best-Practices: added to all environments
- Functionality Improvements: DocPrep Collaboration-Approval for Multi-Company