LITASCO signs up for upgraded eSDS Solution from essDOCS
Lukoil group companies will be the first new customers to use essDOCS upgraded and much improved eSDS solution for compliance with REACH / GHS requirements.
VALETTA, MALTA, 21 September 2011: essDOCS, the leading shipping eDocs provider, is pleased to announce that several members of the LITASCO Group have signed up to use its electronic Safety Data Sheet (eSDS) Solution.
LITASCO will take advantage of the recently released upgrade to the eSDS Solution, featuring an improved user interface and eSDS sending process, further reducing the workload on users to meet REACH /GHS requirements.
The eSDS Solution enables users to comply with global and regional legislation which requires the production and distribution of Safety Data Sheets, as well as providing significant time and money saving compared to paper SDS processes.
Alex Goulandris, chief executive officer of essDOCS said:
“We are delighted to welcome LITASCO as the 26th eSDS customer. The Solution provides tangible value to commodity traders such as LITASCO who require simplified compliance procedures but also wish to increase their efficiency in document management processes. The upgraded release of eSDS represents a major improvement to our industry-led solutions and promises to deliver greater ease of use and further time savings for users.”
In 2009, the LITASCO Group organised the export of over 47mt of crude oil and 68mt of petroleum products from the OAO LUKOIL system. In addition, its international trading operations enabled the company to market an additional 19mt of crude oil and 19mt of petroleum products sourced from third parties.
LITASCO will use essDOCS eSDS Solution to comply with the requirements of the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances (REACH) regulations. The Solution also meets the SDS requirements of the Globally Harmonised System (GHS).
SDS compliance obligations require users to manage, send, track and store multi-lingual safety data sheets when hazardous cargoes are transported.
Key improvements to the essDOCS eSDS Solution include:
- New User Interface – Completely redesigned user interface which brings eSDS into line with other services run on the essDOCS-Databridge, such as CargoDocs and JetDocs;
- Revised Inbox with Filters – Redesigned inbox featuring filters that allow users to search and identify transactions with ease;
- Templates for faster eSDS generation – Revised and reduced data entry for sending eSDSs, with introduction of time-saving templates;
- Enhanced Contact Management – Unified and simplified contacts management with contacts accessible across all essDOCS Services;
- Improved Library Functions – Librarian user role has been improved, allowing easy addition of updated REACH information on CAS identifiers;
- Better Resend Capability – Manager users are now presented with a resend prompt when applicable which allows them to resend all required eSDSs with a single click;
- Dual Method of Receiving eSDS – In addition to receiving a hyperlink within the eSDS Received notification email, recipients will also receive the sent eSDS as a PDF attachment;
- Updated eSDS Coversheet – Section 1 of the eSDSs has been updated to comply with the most recent REACH requirements.
eSDSs are generated and managed safely and securely online, via the essDOCS-Databridge eDocs Exchange. eSDSs are stored for 12 years with a full audit trail of all recipients and readers and users can build their own proprietary library of eSDS material or take advantage of a shared template library maintained by testing industry leader SGS.
eSDS Solutions were launched in July 2009 with development input from essDOCS clients such as Morgan Stanley, Trafigura, JPMorgan, Mercuria, Barclays Capital and Noble.