essDOCS Q3 Energy Newsletter
The increase in companies adopting CargoDocs™ continues apace, as we close the third quarter in which adoption has increased at a rate of 20% per month: reaching 608 customers.
Sea-Tank 510 Terminal plans to issue electronic Barge Receipts for all barge shipments commencing in Q4 2012, using new extended functionality for CargoDocs for Barges
Preem will recommence use of eDocs over the next few months at its two refineries, for internal movements within Sweden, plus exports to external counterparties for movements within and outside the EU.
SGS identifies various changes to eSDS which are required to meet the Annex II updates on 1 December 2012.
Tankers rollout details
- European Terminals / Refineries news:Work on the Preem interface with Maron has commenced, and eDocs issuance is now targeted to recommence when this is completed and tested; the calculator used by Hamble was updated to incorporate the latest API tables; Sea-Tank 510 Antwerp plans to commence issuing eDocs for Tankers in 1H 2013
- Americas Terminals / Refineries news: Petrobras starts preparation for a trial of CargoDocs™ on trades from Brazil to Singapore; Exxon commences a trial of CargoDocs™ in two trades for Chemicals and for Lubricants
- Additional tanker owners signed up: Blenheim Shipping, Harren & Partner Ship Management, Ares Ship Management, Scorpio Ship Management, Caribe Tankers, Ocean Navigation, Emarat Maritime, Viken Shipping and James Fisher Everard
ARA Barge rollout details
- Terminals: Sea-Tank 510 Terminal plans to issue eDocs for all movements, i.e., vessels and barges, and is looking to start with electronic Barge Receipts for the several hundred monthly barge movements at the Antwerp Terminal starting in Q4.
- Trader momentum: Glencore, Morgan Stanley and Phillips66 have led the charge on sending eNominations with transaction volumes increasing steadily over the last 4 weeks of the quarter.
- Update for Annex II: essDOCS has started development work on a number of changes identified by SGS which are required to meet the Annex II updates on 1 December 2012; these include (i) updates to the SDSs in the Shared Library; (ii) warnings to users who do not include the compulsory Exposure Scenarios or Anti-Poisoning Centre Number; (iii) functionality to act as an Only Representative; and (iv) ability for non-REACH registered importer or manufacturer to send an eSDS during the transition period.
- On separate occasions, and at the invitation of the customer, essDOCS presented to a large number of operators and traders at Stusco and BPOI’s offices.
- essDOCS launches a blog, where you can keep up to date with all things eDocs, including the latest customers, product updates, etc. Follow this on the essDOCS website, via LinkedInor Twitter.
- essDOCS opened an office in Houston, to support adoption of eDocs across the Americas; contact details for which are as follows:
essDOCS Americas Limited
12 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77046
United States of America
Phone: +1 713 425 4943
Contact: Luis A. Del Aguila