essDOCS Q2 2012 Energy Newsletter
The increase in companies adopting CargoDocs™ continues at 20% per month for entire first half of 2012, with over 460 customers signed up. Repsol and Shell continue to lead the expansion. Signed-up ship operators now account for 27% of the world's tanker fleet.
A number of big ARA barge customers go live as momentum continues to build. essDOCS offers new customers deferred fees through the end of this year.
New simplified version of eSDS released based on significant customer feedback. Customers confirm that REACH Audits have commenced, as part of the enforcement actions by national authorities.
The DDG kicks off its eCustoms Project to ensure acceptance of shipping eDocs globally.
Tankers rollout details
- European Terminals / Refineries news: Repsol Cartagena goes live; Hamble targeting go live in September; concerted push to reach critical mass of eDocs shipments ex-Teesside; Preem targets operational use at both of its refineries commencing October
- Americas Terminals / Refineries news: Stasco went live completing first base oil shipment from Port Allen to Europe, Charter Broker acted as forwarder in this trade; STUSCO/Shell West has written to key customers asking them to adopt eDocs
- Additional tanker owners signed up: Nordic Tankers, Chevron Shipping, Transpetrol, Novoship, Norden D/S, Interorient and Rigel Schiffahrts
ARA Barge rollout details
- Terminals: Oiltanking Amsterdam is live and Argos is pending go live
- Trader momentum: Glencore, Morgan Stanley, Cargill, Trafigura, and Gunvor are now live focused on gasoline, middle distillates and fuel oil. Phillips 66 is in the process of being onboarded
- Fee deferment: At the request of Glencore and Morgan Stanley to build critical mass quickly in barges, essDOCS has agreed to defer all fees for new customers until December 2012
- New Version: eSDS was significantly updated based on customer feedback in Q1. The latest version has been in production since April. The old version will be turned off on 21 July. Please contact Sam Mankotia if you have any questions regarding this switch.
- REACH Audits: We have been advised that Audits have now commenced with a number of companies incurring fines. One key Auditor feedback was that there seems to be failure consistently to send eSDSs to service providers such as expeditors, inspectors, agents and barge owners
- Your Input: We would greatly appreciate your input regarding: (i) inter-company alignment of SDS information; (ii) any auditor feedback you can share on an anonymous basis; and (iii) requirements for SDSs in the ARA barge arena
- The DDG formally kicks off its eCustoms project, which targets to ensure that shipping eDocs are accepted by Customs globally. More details of the partners and progress involved in this project will be published soon.