KEC International & Pacific International Lines (PIL) go live with CargoDocs electronic Bills of Lading
KEC International, the leading India-headquartered EPC major, and Pacific International Lines (PIL), the Singapore-headquartered top 12 container line, recently went live with CargoDocs electronic Bills of Lading (eB/Ls).
The go-live shipment covered the export of iron & steel structures in containers, by KEC International Limited in India to KEC Towers L.L.C. (a wholly-owned KEC subsidiary) in UAE, shipped aboard a PIL vessel.
Key CargoDocs steps included:
- The carrier, PIL, digitally signed the CargoDocs eB/L and issued it electronically to the shipper, KEC International
- KEC International uploaded the supporting documents and digitally transferred the eSet of documents to the cargo receiver, KEC Towers
- KEC Towers submitted the documents to PIL
Key milestones included:
- First use of CargoDocs eB/Ls by KEC International and its subsidiary, KEC Towers
- Including the first ever use of CargoDocs by a company (or group of companies) in the Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) vertical
- First use of CargoDocs eB/Ls by Pacific International Lines (PIL)
- First use of CargoDocs eB/Ls for a shipment involving containerized iron & steel structures cargo, typically used for infrastructure / construction projects
Commenting on the milestone shipment, Mr. Devaki Nandan, VP – Procurement, KEC International Limited, said: “We are delighted to partner with Pacific International Lines for the CargoDocs initiative, as part of our continued focus on digitalizing our processes. This initiative is major milestone for KEC in adopting a paperless approach for cross border movement of shipments.”