essCert completes user migration for over 15,900 eCertify customers across 5 countries
More than 15,900 Exporters & Freight Forwarders plus 84 Chambers of Commerce across 5 countries have been migrated from eCertify to the essCert electronic Certificate of Origin (eCO) solution over the past months.
Chambers and Exporter/ Forwarder customers in the USA, Canada, Norway, South Africa and more recently Australia have now fully transitioned from eCertify to the essCert solution. The move to essCert involved migrating a whopping 2 terabytes of data from a traditional server to the AWS cloud, providing a more secure and reliable environment.
The migrations were part of planned work combining both essDOCS eCO solutions under a single platform, moving existing eCertify Chambers and Exporter/Forwarder customers to the essCert solution in tandem with significant system upgrades to the latter – combining the best from both solutions and incorporating next-gen tech to offer a best-of-breed eCO solution.
Brian Smith, Managing Director, essCert, said: “We’re thrilled to have brought almost 16,000 exporters and forwarders around the world to our new, enhanced essCert platform. By combining the best of our two previous platforms, Chambers, Exporters and Forwarders are now part of the largest, most sophisticated electronic Certificate of Origin platform in the world.”
Some of the key features and benefits for Chambers and Exporter/Forwarders provided by essCert to newly-migrated users include:
- Improved, simpler User Interface
- Online reporting/BI tool for Chambers and Chamber clients
- eCO Verification Tool for all customers, plus connectivity to ICC Customs Verification Site for Chambers who are members of the ICC eCO Verification Chain
- Online multi-payment options for Exporters/Forwarders
- Invoice-to-application tool, using OCR and machine learning
- Chamber Accounting module to centralize & track customer invoicing
- Upcoming essCert app-store for Exporters & Forwarders, providing add-on solutions for optimizing multi-modal export processes – including powerful shipping document preparation & management tools, marine vessel/cargo tracking, truck document management & freight tracking, Letter of Credit application & management plus more
- Upcoming Blockchain / Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) option, enabling Chambers to connect eCO data to DLT platforms and connectivity to IoT devices to improve origin verification
essCert’s eCO network, spans over 40,000 Exporters and Freight Forwarders applying for and receiving certificates of origin from over 260 Chambers of Commerce across 15 countries. Our eCOs are used for imports into virtually all countries across the globe.
Contact us to find out more or if you are a Chamber of Commerce / National Authority seeking to digitize your certification processes.