Work at essDOCS
essDOCS brings highly talented and passionate people together in a creative and cooperative environment, ensuring that we help both our customers and our employees succeed.
If you think that you have the energy and skills to thrive at essDOCS, send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or check below for current vacancies.
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
Salary: Market salary based on experience
We're on a mission to digitize an entire industry! Want to join forces?
We are currently in the process of expanding our Team and are looking for an accountant to join the essDOCS Athens office, working closely with our Financial Controller and Co-CEO on Group finance and business matters.
The essDOCS Group is growing at a phenomenal rate, and you, as an extremely competent professional, will ensure that all Companies under our Group have a secure, trusted and professional financial function – playing an instrumental part in our continued growth and development.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of balance sheet and income statement accounts, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions for the Groups’ 10 operating companies
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process/ Monitoring and analyzing accounting data, performing reconciliations
- Conduct all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Perform bank reconciliations regularly
- Issue invoices and follow up of receivables
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and various weekly/monthly reports
- Handle communication with the auditors and participate in preparing and supplying documentation for the annual audit
- Additional tasks, including administrative support, on an as-needed basis
- BS degree in Accounting with in -depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience as an accountant
- Ability to adjust in a multi-cultural environment; experience working in a multi-national company a plus but not essential
- Multi-currency accounting experience a plus
- Experience with world class accounting software packages, like Microsoft Navision /Xero
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent English listening, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues across the globe
- Enthusiastic, hands on, proactive, able to work well independently and in teams